DreamTrips: Picture-postcard Algarve, Portugal
When?Start time: Tuesday 14:00 (21 August)
End time: Monday 12:00 (27 August)
About Your Trip
Algarve, known for plentiful recreational activities, stuns its visitors with an unspoiled coastline of rugged natural beauty. See this landscape from the water on a sightseeing lunch cruise from Lagos to Praia das Cabanas Velhas — it’s nothing but open sailing with blue skies above and turquoise waters below. You’ll pass the most popular beaches in region, each with its own characteristics, but all of them set against a backdrop of colorful limestone cliffs. Some have sandy beaches, while others don’t, like Ponta de Piedade. Instead, this beach mesmerizes with towering strata sea stacks that drop straight down into the Atlantic Ocean. You can expect to see peaceful coves, and irregular, almost otherworldly, rock formations complete with caves and arches as you cruise.
Along the way, you can also make use of available onboard paddleboards, an aquatic trampoline and snorkeling gear. A DJ spins music as you relax in the sunbathing nets. If you’re lucky, you may have a dolphin encounter!
Stay and play at your hotel, too. The resort complex featuring three golf courses, tennis courts, jogging track, billiards and more. Venture from your lodgings and walk a clifftop path for views of the ocean and beyond. In the city of Portimao, explore the medieval Fortaleza de Santa Catarina or the Museu de Portimao inspired by the town’s long marine history.
What we love:
• The frequently photographed Ponta de Piedade is so beloved for its rocks carved by the wind and surf that they’re given names like Cathedral, Museum and Submarine.
• A short drive from your hotel are 7 meticulously constructed arches of Ponte Romana — Roman Bridge — spanning the Gilao river in Tavira.
• Portimao is home to the world’s largest artificial reef — Ocean Revival — a famous venue that attracts scuba divers from all over the world.
Your DreamTrip includes 6 days and 5 nights in Portimao, Portugal, as well as:
• Half-day cruise along the southwestern Algarve coastline; includes tour guide, DJ and transportation by private bus. See Additional Information for details and restrictions.
• Welcome reception at the hotel.
• 5 breakfasts, 1 lunch and 1 dinner.
Airfare is not included in the trip price! The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Faro Airport (FAO), approximately 44 miles (71 kilometers) away, a drive of approximately 45 minutes. We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
Airport transfers for this trip are provided only for Platinum Members. If you are not a Platinum Member, make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel.
Platinum Members Only: Round-trip airport transfers are included from:
Faro Airport (FAO) to the hotel on August 7, timing based on flight details provided.
The hotel to Faro Airport (FAO) on August 12, timing based on flight details provided.
Please note: Transfers are provided only for the airport(s), dates and times listed above.
Award-winning Penina Hotel & Golf Resort lies between the towns of Portimao and Lagos, nestled within a lush landscape and mountains in the distance. The complex comprises three golf courses, tennis courts and an outdoor pool. Nearby attractions include Megalthic Monuments of Alcalar and Aqua Portimao Shopping Center.
• 6 restaurants and bars, including seasonal Dunas Beach Restaurant and Bar. Please note: Some restaurants at this resort may have a dress code. Please check the resort website for more information.
• 1 seasonal outdoor pool with children’s pool.
• Spa with massage treatments, 24-hour fitness and sauna.
• 3 golf courses, including an 18-hole championship course.
• Floodlit outdoor tennis courts.
• Jogging track.
• Games room with billiards.
• Kangaroo Club for kids.
• Bicycle rental.
• Complimentary seasonal shuttle service to Alvor Beach.
• Complimentary self-parking available on the street near the hotel.
Pool View Room accommodations with:
• 1 double bed or 2 twin beds. No extra bed available.
• Maximum occupancy 2 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child age 12 years or younger.
• View of the pool and across the golf courses.
• 32-inch (81-centimeter) flat-screen television.
• Coffee- and tea-making facilities.
• Minibar (consumption at an additional cost).
• Complimentary Wi-Fi.
Check-in: 2 p.m.
Minimum check-in age is 18.
Penina Hotel & Golf Resort
EN 125 - Penina
Portimao, Algarve 8501-952, Portugal
Pricing for children for this resort may differ from (and be greater than) pricing for adults.
Hotel Check-in Requirements
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.
Upcoming events at Penina Hotel & Golf Resort
Events around Penina Hotel & Golf Resort
Freefly & Angle Flyer Boogie - With Luis Prinetto
Tuesday 07:00 (31 July)
Skydive Seven Algarve, Montes de Alvor
GP Originals & The Lansdowne, Portimao
Friday 09:00 (19 October)
Autódromo Internacional do Algarve, Portimão